In 2007, police in the German Federal state of Brandeburg conducted a trial which utilised the Autogyro MT 03, which has since been upgraded to the current model – the MTO Sport.
The trial was designed to assess the ability of the aircraft to be used for various aerial tasks that need to be carried out including:
- Monitoring of traffic conditions on highways
- Patrol flights over rural areas.
- Aerial monitoring of forest areas.
- Aerial identification of drug crops and processing operations.
- Aerial observation of fires.
- Coastal and river surveillance.
To learn more about this trial, you can download a pdf from the link below which discusses each of these areas in depth and how the gyro was used for each.